We’re back with another Sundays in Bed With… meme! This meme dares to ask you what book has been in your bed this morning and is hosted by Midnight Book Girl. Come share what book you’ve spent your time curled up reading in bed with or which book you wish you had time to read today!
I haven’t read all day so I’m spending the rest of my (short) evening in bed finishing up Dyer Street Punk Witches by Phil Williams. This is an ARC I received from the author and it’s out tomorrow [12 Sep] (I know I’m cutting it close, lol)!
What are you currently reading?
Well, as I’m writing this now I’m sat back at home in my room at my desk once again. It’s weird how much has changed since I’ve been gone but at the same time, there are moments when I feel like I never went to India at all. 😅 I guess you can say I’m still adjusting to being back home (again) and time seems to pass slower in Indonesia than it did in India. I miss my friend, I miss her doggos, I miss her mum’s cooking (and Indian food in general) but it does feel good to see my parents and siblings and my floofs, too!
Other than unpacking, which I actually got done immediately (go me!), unboxing several months’ worth of book mail, doing a bit of end-of-summer closet cleaning, preparing for my new consultancy job at the UN starting tomorrow, and getting ready to head to Bali next week for my cousin’s two-weeks long wedding festivities, there’s not been that much going on, lol. Sometimes life really seems to hit you with it all at once, eh? 😂
It’s perhaps no surprise that I haven’t really been reading with everything going on lately. I’m still “reading” five books but not really reading any of them either. I’ve made progress with my current ARC but it’s taking me twice as long to get through when I normally would’ve already finished it by now. And it’s not for lack of enjoyment, I just have a lot on my brain.
One thing I’ve been doing decently is getting back to engaging with others and working my way through updating my blog with new graphics though, so I guess that’s a win.
ICYMI, here’s what I posted on the blog these past two weeks (since I missed last week):
- Did I Pass My Classes? The Magical Readathon: Orilium Autumn Equinox 2022 Wrap-Up!
- Let’s Talk Bookish: Reviewing All The Books
- Birthstone Book Covers: September Sapphire Edition
- #WWWWednesday: 07 September 2022
- #TopTenTuesday: 10 Books I HAD to Add to My Personal Library
- Monthly Wrap Up: August 2022
- Blog Tour Review: The Decoy Girlfriend by Lillie Vale
- Cover Reveal: Off the Ice by Jaqueline Snowe
- Let’s Talk Bookish: Overwhelming TBRs
- Blog Tour Review: The Dragon’s Promise by Elizabeth Lim
- #WWWWednesday: 31 August 2022
- #TopTenTuesday: 10 Favourite Books Set in School!
- Blog Tour Review: Belladonna by Adalyn Grace
until i found you – stephen sanchez
I hope you’ve all had a good weekend and that you have a great week ahead! Take care of yourselves and of each other, friends 🖤