I keep asking these questions everywhere and to everyone but someone please tell me, is August really already over? How is it already September and we’re counting down the last few months left of 2022? It really beats me how the year has gone so quickly. August was my last full month in India and it was busy with photoshoots, travelling to Goa for a getaway from city life and to Agra for the Taj Mahal. What a time it has been and I can’t believe that as I’m writing this right now, I’m already leaving tomorrow evening!
Was this trip everything that I had hoped it would be? Yes and no. I think there were definitely challenges that I didn’t expect to encounter (naively) and the life things that I (also naively) thought I’d miraculously figure out in three months of being here were obviously not figured out. But in many ways I feel like I’m also going home feeling more motivated to work on myself because I’ve had to really step out of my comfort “one-person-cave” zone more and push myself to be a little more social and reconnect with myself from a time when I was less socially anxious and happier to engage with others. I’m also going home wanting to keep up with this momentum of taking better care of myself both mentally and physically so I’m taking that as a big win!
I had grand plans for my reading in August and I’m gonna come right out and say that it was not what I planned it to be. I ended up reading 16 BOOKS and compared to previous months, there were quite a few misses. Focusing on the positive though, I discovered three new favourites and they were my five-star read, plus, I also completed my Goodreads Reading Challenge of reading 150 books in 2022! In terms of blogging, though I had my usual posts published, I hardly engaged because I’ve been away from my laptop more than anything. I’ve been feeling guilty about that but I’m hoping to get back to ‘normalcy’ once I get back to Indonesia this month—sorry, friends!
**BOOK COVERS are linked to Goodreads. The TITLE TEXT is linked to my review if available!**
1 panda – 2 pandas
(ARC) Not Betting on Forever
- Jordyn @ Birdie’s Book Nook: Is it Time to Upgrade Your Kindle?
- Fives @ Down The Rabbit Hole: Let’s Talk Bookish – All about Ebooks
- Kal @ A Voracious Reader: How to Manage ARC Stress & live your best bookish life
- Maria @ The Character Study: One or Multiple POVs?
- Chris @ Biblionerd Reflections: ARC Review – Babel, or The Necessity of Violence: An Arcane History of the Oxford Translators’ Revolution
- Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm: Bookish Box Tea (Pt 1): The Stalking Jack the Ripper Edition
- Suhani @ Random Reader’s Rambles: Unpopular Opinions Book Tag ft. Suhani’s controversial thoughts on your favorite books!!
- Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog: 5 Tried and Tested Ways to Get Yourself Out of A Reading Slump
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books: Top Ten Tuesday: Back to School
- Nicole @ Thoughts Stained with Ink: Let’s Talk Bookish: Blogging Balancing Act
That’s a wrap for August, friends! What was your top read this month? Did you discover any new all-time favourites? I hope September will be a great month for everyone. Happy reading, friends! 💜