How has another month already come and gone?! March was… something. Half the month passed by too quickly and the other half could’ve passed faster. A good chunk of the month saw me drowning in work stress + insomnia but there were some good times to counter the not-so-fun moments!
- I got exciting book mail from Goldsboro and Illumicrate!
- My parents had their wedding anniversary on the 21st and it was dad’s birthday on the 30th!
- It was a pretty great foodie-licious month with ramen, biryani and decadent melt-in-your-mouth cookies!
With all the stress and lack of sleep, my moods have been wilder than ever which has resulted in much less reading than normal—even romances! I’ve also had a tougher time getting into books in general which means a lot of “enjoyable but not always memorable” reads. In the end, I read 18 books. I didn’t have any DNFs and I’m happy to have had two 5-star reads and both have made it onto my faves of the year so far—though The Worst Guy by Kate Canterbary has made it onto my all-time faves list and I need more MMC’s like Sebastian Stremmel, please. 🥺 Also, I read a lot of books with shirtless men on the cover this month? 😂
**Book covers are linked to Goodreads and the title text is linked to my review, if available!**
With how hectic, anxious and sleep-deprived I was this month, I didn’t spend a lot of time engaging in the community this month and it’s such a bummer! 😩 I did manage to catch a few more posts at the tail end of the month but I’m hoping April will be a better month for responding to comments and blog hopping!
- Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm: All My Rage review // An Intricately Woven Tapestry of Grief, Forgiveness, Loss, and Hope
- Bertie @ Luminosity Library: 10 Fantasy Books by Black Authors You Don’t Want To Miss
- Beth @ Bethwyrm: What Makes A Retelling Good?
- CW @ The Quiet Pond: Blog Update: The Quiet Pond will Close in Three Months
- Rachel @ A Bookworm’s Paradise: Introducing… March Madness But in Books! + Week 1 Picks
- Chris @ Biblio Nerd Reflections: One Year Blogiversary!!
- Sienna @ Daydreaming Book Lover: Books by Black Authors featuring Black Romance
- Sumedha @ The Wordy Habitat: 8 Ways To Get Out Of A Blogging Slump & 20 Blogging Lessons I Learned In 6 Years
- Mehek @ The Critiques of A Fangirl: My favourite women in fiction//Femme Fatales I stan
- Jennifer @ My Book Joy: Do… do I now dislike Sarah J Maas??
- Kat @ Life and Other Disasters: Should YOU Read “The Atlas Six”? (What I learned from my reread!)
- Emily @ Frappes & Fiction: Book Blogging is Dead, But That’s Okay
- Briana @ Pages Unbound: 2022 “Support Book Bloggers” Challenge: March Check-In
And that’s a wrap on March 2022! I can’t believe we’re already four months into 2022! Did you enjoy your March reads and which was your favourite book? I hope everyone has a good month ahead! 💜