Wow, is it really already December 1st?! I don’t know how November is already over but I do know that…
- I spent almost two weeks of the month being totally bowled over by COVID (got it for the first time). It was not fun losing my taste & smell, plus I hated that my body ached so much that I couldn’t even get proper rest!
- I spent one week slowly coming out of the brain fog and dealing with residual cough/cold symptoms. And…
- I spent the last week getting used to travelling to the office again and getting back into work mode.
And that was basically my whole month? I have no idea what happened before getting sick because it was a blur of work stress. As much as it sucked to get knocked out by the virus, I’m glad that that’s now behind me and I’m back to feeling ‘normal’ again.
Unsurprisingly, it was a slow reading month for me and I ended up only finishing 12 BOOKS. Oddly, most of the books I read were during and after getting COVID but thanks to a full-on work schedule, I really didn’t have much brain energy left to digest words on most days. I’m pretty proud that despite being ill, I still managed to post almost every day still—yay, me! 😂
Although I only had one 5-star read this month, I had no books rated lower than 3.5 stars so I’d consider that a decent win. I don’t read many paranormal romances but I’ve found a new favourite PNR but also just a favourite new series in general! I don’t re-read often but I would 100% re-read this series and I’m already looking forward to revisiting these books soon.
**BOOK COVERS are linked to Goodreads and the TITLE TEXT is linked to my review if available!**
I didn’t bookmark many posts this month as I didn’t read much on the blogosphere—I’m sorry! But here are a few I did manage to read and really enjoyed.
- Cossette @Tea Time Lit shared a thorough list of book recommendations based off of your favorite songs from Midnights!
- Ri @Colour Me Read wrote a great review for Babel by R.F. Kuang that captured a lot of my own thoughts (that I couldn’t seem to put down in writing myself, lol)…
- Nicole @Thoughts Stained with Ink wrote an awesome + very relatable Let’s Talk Bookish post about bookish gatekeeping!
- Abby @Beyond the Read quickly came back to share the Taylor Swift songs she associates with her favourite book couples (ft. weirdly specific lyrical parallels).
- Becky @Becky’s Book Blog made an incredible list of 50 fantasy books coming out in Jan-June 2023. Get ready for your TBRs to grow cos I know mine definitely did! 😂
- Saima @Stories with Saima did the thing and managed to pick her top 10/100 reads of 2022—I’m a little jealous cos I know I’m gonna struggle so much with doing this!
- Sha @Book Princess Reviews shared a helpful list of 20+ blog resources you need in your life!
- Amanda @Bookish Brews shared an awesome interview with author Deke Moulton about deconstructing the antisemitic history of vampires! It’s been a while since I read an author interview so quickly but this was a fantastic and illuminating read.
And that’s a wrap for November, folks! How was your month personally, professionally, and bookishly?! What was your favourite read in November? I hope everyone had a good month and that you’re all doing okay! Can you believe we have a month left in 2022? Here’s to ending the year on a positive note—bring on December!