Hey, hi, hello! Where did September go? Does anyone have a clue because I literally blinked and the month was somehow over. 👀 I don’t even know where to begin with the happenings this month (mostly because I can’t recall all of it for some reason?) so I’m going to stick to the highlights and keep this life update short and sweet:
- My 3-months in India came to an end and I flew back to Jakarta at the start of the month.
- I got to unbox some great book mail from the months I was gone!
- My cousin got married at the end of the month and it was hella tiring but also wicked fun.
- Lots of family reunion stuff—it’s been a lot but oh so good to see my aunts, uncles and cousins from the US, Canada and Australia again after years of separation.
- I got a job as a consultant at the UN—woo for employment! 🥳
I thought I would have more time to read in September but I very much underestimated how busy life would be and I highly overestimated how much I’d be able to read this month. Oops. I ended up reading 10 BOOKS this month, which is probably the least I’ve read in years or at least since I started blogging! 🙈 I had no reads below 3-stars this month and although my two 5-star reads are on opposite spectrums from each other, what with one being MG fantasy and the other YA literary fiction, I would highly recommend both. You can check out my reviews for both of them linked below! 😊
**BOOK COVERS are linked to Goodreads. The TITLE TEXT is linked to my review if available!**
(ARC) In a Jam
(TOUR) Soul of the Deep
- Sophie @ Me & Ink: 5 Things I Love In Books
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books: How & Why Engagement Changed on my Book Blog
- Aster Marie @ Happy Bookish After: Upcoming Book Adaptations: Ranked Based on Excitement
- Jennifer @ My Book Joy: Word Origins: from fac to compliment with “handsome”
- Fives @ Down the Rabbit Hole: Let’s Talk Bookish – Character or Plot-Focused Books?
- Tasya @ The Literary Huntress: Why I’m Still Blogging after 7+ Years
- Stephen @ Stephen Writes: Top 10 – Books I’ve Read With the Most POVs
- Chris @ Biblio Nerd Reflections: Books I’ve Read This Year with Bi+ Male Characters
- Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm: Best Diverse Debuts of the Year So Far
Oof, that’s it for September, folks! How was your month? Did you read a lot or was it a mid-month for reading? What was your favourite read this month? I hope everyone has a great October! 🍂