As I knew it would, July passed by in a blink! The two biggest and most exciting things that happened were reuniting with a bestie after 13 years apart and getting my first bookish tattoo. Ngl, I’m still extremely obsessed with my tattoo and I can’t stop looking at it because I love it so much! Other than that, the weeks have passed by in a blur or going to work, trying to go to the gym as often as possible and being as productive as we can.
I read the same number of books in July as I did in June: 14 books. It’s been a change getting used to not reading as much or as quickly as I did before when I literally had nothing else to distract me but I know it’s a good balance and I’m still reading decently. It has been a struggle to focus though and I find that it’s harder for a book to keep my attention these days which is a bummer.
In terms of ratings, this month had the highest average with only two reads rated below 4-stars! I still only had one 5-star and two 4.5-star reads though. My favourite read of the month was the audiobook for Seatmate by Cara Bastone (surprisingly because I don’t listen to them often). I loved it so much though—the production and performances were absolutely fantastic but the banter and chemistry were also top-notch! I couldn’t recommend it more. 💜
**BOOK COVERS are linked to Goodreads. The TITLE TEXT is linked to my review if available!**
(ARC) Blood and Moonlight
It was a slow month for blog hopping for me and I’m sure I missed so many amazing posts as a result… But here are the few I managed to read and really enjoyed:
- Pages Unbound – Book Blogger Stats Survey Results 2022
- Lila @ Hardcover Haven – Life & Lyrics: Song Lyrics That Hit Hard
- Maria @ The Character Study – Book Recommendations Based On My Chemical Romance Songs
- Sammie @ The Bookwyrm’s Den – Things I Learned In Grad School (Librarian Edition) + Fictional Romances That Remind Me Of My Marriage
- Stephen @ Stephen Writes – Book Review: Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong
- Fadwa @ Word Wonders – Review: You Made A Fool of Death With Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi
- Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm – YA Book Recs for National Disability Awareness Month!
- Amber @ Du Livre – My Favorite Reads of 2022 (so far)
- Nick (ft. Kara) @ The Infinite Limits of Love – Friend or Foe: The First Battle Pt. 1
- Reading Between the Dunes – What to Listen to On Audible Originals
- Aster Marie @ Happy Bookish After – If You Like These Taylor Swift Albums, You’ll Love These Books!
That’s a wrap for July, friends! What was your favourite read this month? I hope you were able to find a bit of joy in July despite the heat wave hitting many of you. Hopefully, the heat will make its way out for cooler days soon! I hope August will be a great month for everyone. Happy reading, friends! 💜