We’re back with another Sundays in Bed With… meme! This meme dares to ask you what book has been in your bed this morning and is hosted by Midnight Book Girl. Come share what book you’ve spent time curled up reading in bed with, or which book you wish you had time to read today!
I’ve spent my Sunday reading Malice by John Gwynne. I’m reading this with Leslie and it’s very different from what I’ve been reading lately but I think it could be refreshing!
This will be my first John Gwynne book and I’m very excited as I’ve heard lots of good things about his books (and although it’s early days, I’m enjoying this one so far)!
What are you currently reading?
This week was birthday week! 🎈 I’m one year closer to 35 although I can’t tell the difference anymore as all years feel the same now? 😂 I don’t really celebrate my birthday and it’s not for any particular reason, I’ve just spent the last several years not celebrating and I’m totally okay with that!
BUT I did have a few things on for this year’s birthday week and I have to say, it has made it a memorable one:
- My colleagues threw me a farewell/sorta birthday lunch including giving me several gifts, which was bittersweet. 🎁
- I applied for and got my Indian visa on my birthday (woo) so my departure is official! 🛫
- I had a pizza birthday lunch with my nan and I had a nice steak dinner with one of my besties, who also gifted me a cute picture book! 🍕
- I got amazing book mail from Leslie and she also sent a super sweet card with a few bookmarks including one listing all our favourite buddy reads together! 📚💜
- My sister came to Bali and had a fun day out yesterday including getting our nails done! 💅🏼
Again, it hasn’t been a great week for blog hopping but it’s birthday week so I’m giving myself a little grace (I’m sorry, next week will be better, I swear)! 😂
ICYMI, here’s what I posted on the blog this week:
- The Last Book I… Book Tag!
- Let’s Talk Bookish: Making Friends Through Blogging
- Book Review: The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo
- #WWWWednesday: 18 May 2022
- ARC Review: The Ivory Key by Akshaya Raman
- #TopTenTuesday: 10 Books I *needed* ASAP… But still haven’t read (oops)!
- ARC Review: Starry-Eyed Love by Helena Hunting
light switch – charlie puth
friends, i just discovered this song on Friday and i’ve been obsessed ever since???
I hope you’ve all had a good weekend and that you have a great week ahead! Take care of yourselves and of each other, friends 🖤