Another month has come and gone and honestly, good riddance to February! 🙊
Hmm… I think it’s safe to say that February was kind of a shite month? Personally, things are much better now than they were mid-month. Globally, things definitely turned to shite towards the end of the month and my heart feels so heavy, especially with regards to what’s happening in Ukraine. Every day more and more people show their disrespecting asses with their whole gd chest on that freaking bird app and this month it has just been more tiring than usual. 😮💨
But on a more positive note… Here are a few good things that happened this month:
- I finally got my Owlcrate Special Editions for Vespertine and Our Violent Ends. I pre-ordered these books long before cancelling my sub with them last year and this is the longest its ever taken to receive my orders but I’m glad they finally arrived!
- I got lots of gorgeous book mail from Illumicrate and I couldn’t be happier to have switched my sub to them. It’s pricier for sure and I know I’m hella privileged to be able to order from them but it’s a treat so I have no regrets!
- Wonderful buddy reads with Jess and Leslie have got me through the month. Bookish friends like these two make me so thankful to be part of this bookish community! 🥰
Although it felt like I didn’t read much this month, I’m surprised to find that I actually read 28 books. I continued to read a number of novellas but I also enjoyed a few audiobooks. I had one re-read, no DNFs and a surprising number of 5-star reads?! That’s definitely what I call winning! 🥰
That said, with everything that happened this month, it’s no surprise that my mood has been slightly wonky, which had me feeling a bit slumpy at times though I had a few buddy reads to help me power through those vibes. I’m a big fan of these buddy reads! I’m still trying to keep on top of reviewing every book I read but I’ve slacked a bit this month and I’m fine with it! 😂
Undoubtedly my favourite book this month was Jade Legacy by Fonda Lee. This book unequivocally destroyed me and I’m so thankful I had buddy reads to keep me going afterwards cos otherwise I would’ve most likely stopped reading this month. Lee is ✨magic✨ and The Green Bone Saga is one of my favourite fantasy series ever.
“The clan is my blood, and the Pillar is its master. On my honor, my life, and my jade.”
Book covers are linked to Goodreads and the title text is linked to my review, if available!
(ARC) What the Fang?
As a romance reader, I thrived on reading all the romance-related posts this month. I can’t even tell you how many new books I added to my TBR. Here are a few of my favourite posts this month:
- For the month of love, my fave queen of romance, Nick @ The Infinite Limits of Love, made a series of Valentine’s Specials: Swipe Right, Gestures of Love & Love Languages in Romance!
- There was a whole mess on Twitter about adults reading YA and Brianna @ Pages Unbound Reviews wrote a great post about what those haters are getting wrong.
- Maddie @ Inking & Thinking read some popular books and determined if they were worth the hype!
- Looking for more LGBTQ+ books? Danika @ The Lesbrary shares a list of 48 Bi and Lesiban books that came out in February!
- Annemieke @ A Dance With Books had a great chat with author Jacque Aye about destigmatizing conversations about mental health!
- Have you ever wondered what kind of love interest you’d be? What about who your YA book boyfriend would be? Elli @ Ace Reader took some love quizzes and found out.
- The Green Bone Saga is one of my all time faves and Sophie @ Me and Ink shares a few reasons why you should read the series too!
- We’ve all seen the recommended by TikTok lists but are the books really that great? Maha @ Sunshine N’ Books read four of the most popular TikTok romances and shared her thoughts.
- Stephanie @ Adventures of A Bibliophile read Fergie’s historical romance so we wouldn’t have to and wrote this hilarious review that had me cackling!
- Are you hard on yourself as a book blogger? Nicole @ Thoughts Stained With Ink wrote this great post asking why aren’t we kinder to ourselves.
- I love bookish experiments and Katya @ Life and Other Disasters has a great one. This month she read Lupita Nyongo’s faves to see if they were compatible readers (and she has others too)!
- Do you ever wonder what happens after the HEA? Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books shared her thoughts on the topic plus a few recommendations!
- One of my most hated tropes is love triangles but love’em or hate’em, Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog wrote a great post with a few fun love triangles and some pretty terrible ones.
- Rachel @ A Bookworm’s Paradise gave me a good laugh with her post about why bookworms live really dangerous lives—I loved it!
- One of my blogger faves, Jess @ Jessticulates made an announcement about AroAce April!
- Love a good tense rivals to enemies romance and want recommendations for more? Sabrina and Vera @ Wordy and Whimsical have you covered.
- Are you feeling your ‘single-ness’ this loved up month? Florence @ OffBeatBooks‘s made this great list of 10 dark & twisted romances to make you glad you’re single! 😆
- Do you love the single parent trope? Sumedha @ The Wordy Habitat compiled a great list of 20 single parent romances for you to read!
And that’s a wrap on February 2022! Phew, I’m more than ready to move on from this month! 😮💨 Did you enjoy your February reads? What was your favourite book? It might not look great right now but I hope March is full of good things for all of us! 💜