So, it was several months ago when Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog tagged me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Becky is one of my favourites in the book community—I always love her reviews and recommendations, and she’s always fun to chat with. If you’re into SFF then you’ll definitely want to give her blog a follow! Thanks so much for the tag, Becky! 🥰
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What was your last 5 star read?
My last 5-star read was Punching the Air by Ibi Zoboi and Yusef Salaam. This is a YA novel written in verse and I followed along with the audiobook, which is narrated by Ethan Herisse who does a fantastic job capturing the depth of emotion in this story. Highly recommended!
What 2022 release are you most looking forward to?
What’s your favourite genre, and the one book you would recommend from it?
Two favourite genres: romance and fantasy! I don’t even know where to begin with giving recommendations for these genres cos there are so many amazing books… So I’m just going to go with a few of my recent(ish) favourites!
Do you have any hobbies outside of reading?
I love to bake and I also love gaming! My most recent gaming obsessions were Zelda BOTW and Unravel Two! And my most recent bakes in the last two weeks were several apple pies, lol 🥰
What is your favourite fictional pairing? (Romantic or Platonic)
I don’t get so attached to couples that I have top favourites or anything like that… But from my most recent reads, I’ve loved Cami x Freddie, Griffin x Olu, Jasper x Linden, Nick x Charlie, and my favourite messed up couple, Lana x Logan!
What’s the last book that made you laugh out loud?
Don’t You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane wasn’t the rom-com I expected, as it does tackle some pretty heavy topics, but it had some great laugh out loud moments between the MC and her mates. I absolutely loved the banter and humour! 😍
What are you currently reading?
I’m currently reading Jade Legacy by Fonda Lee. This is the third and final book in The Green Bone Saga and I honestly don’t even know what to do with myself. I’m close to the 80% mark but had to take a break after reading a chapter that had me uncontrollably sobbing. 😂 I’m so attached to these characters, they feel so real and like family, and my heart hurts so much for them right now. So much! 😭
What hyped book did you end up not loving?
I buddy read Jade Fire Gold by June CL Tan with Becky last year and even though it’s was pretty hyped, we sadly didn’t love it. It had potential but the world-building and character development just fell short of being satisfying.
What attracts you to a book?
Well, I’m not gonna pretend I’m not a cover-judger so… Initially, the cover is what attracts me to a book! 😂 Then it’s on to the synopsis and if it sounds like it’ll be my jam I always do a quick peek to see if any mutuals have read it and what the general ratings are like. If it’s one of my favourite genres (i.e. romance/fantasy) I almost always add it to my TBR or immediately try to scoop it up if it’s already out!
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Maybe it’s a bit cliche but what I enjoy most about blogging is interacting with the community and finding like-minded people who love to talk about books! I love the mutual appreciation book bloggers have for each other. I also love finding people who love the same books as I do and I love seeing people get excited about new books or new discoveries, too. The community is definitely what makes blogging the most fun! 😂
Do you have any pets? (if yes then pictures please!)
We have two floofers, Tripper and Cookie, who’ve been with us for 12 years now! 🥰 We adopted them in Cambodia and they’ve come with us to the Philippines and finally Indonesia when my parents moved here several years ago. I love them so much ❤️
No pressure at all if doing tags or awards isn’t your thing!
- Leslie @ Books Are the New Black
- Jess @ Jessticulates
- Julie @ One Book More
- Andie @ Books, Coffee and Passion
- Maria @ The Character Study
- Becca @ Book It With Becca
- Yolanda @ Past Midnight
- Saniya @ Sunny Side Reviews
- Kerri @ Kerri McBookNerd
- Chris @ Biblio Nerd Reflections
- Describe your current read in five words
- What is your go-to comfort genre?
- What’s your favourite song at the moment?
- What’s been your favourite read of 2022 so far?
- Is there one book that you would do anything to get a special signed edition of?
- What’s a disappointing book that you’ve recently read?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What are some of your favourite tropes?
- Is there a (sub)genre that is an absolute no-no for you?
- If you could visit one fictional world, where would you go?
- Name five characters you would love to spend a day at a theme park with!