March was a bit of an off month for me. I don’t know what it was exactly but the days passed by in a bit of a tired blur. Work got decently busy and it got pretty intense as I tried to cram the work I normally do over a five-day week into a three-day week—oh, the joys of being a part-timer! Well, at least it’s better to be overly busy than to be bored to tears, right?
Other than work things have been pretty much the ‘same old’ on the personal life front, meaning absolutely nothing new has happened! If I’m not busy working, I’m busy helping mum take care of the house and doing all the “adulting things”. In general I’ve been tired and then tired of being tired. 😫
In gaming, I’ve continued to “beef up” my AC island. I thought I’d put out my Dream Address already but with the Sanrio + designer updates that happened mid-March, I’ve put that off again as I randomly decided to change up 90% of my villagers and more of my island. Will it ever be finished? At this rate, who really knows! 😂 I’m still having fun with this game though and I can’t believe it’s already been one year since it was released!
As I’ve mentioned in about 90% of the posts I made this month, I really feel like I didn’t get any reading done, even though I read 19 books. Is it because I wasn’t very good at keeping track on Goodreads this month? Or maybe it’s because I haven’t actually been reviewing what I’ve read, save for the ARCs and blog tour reads? It could very much be the latter—I honestly have about ten million reviews that I still need to write and despite saying that I’m gonna do more mini-reviews I still have yet to do any. 🤣
I think on average my reads this month were about 3-3.5 stars? Not bad but I do think the “lower” ratings have more to do with my fickle mood than the books themselves. I did DNF one book and have plenty more that I started but haven’t got around to finishing yet (but I will). Hands down, my favourite read this month was Jade City by Fonda Lee. I’m so glad that I did a buddy read with Jess and finally ticked this off my TBR. If you’re still sleeping on this one, don’t! Because it is 100% worth all the hype you hear about it. Jess and I are continuing with Jade War this weekend and I’m super excited because I’ve missed all the characters. NO PEAK FOR LIFE, BAYBEE! 💚
This month was also a bit shoddy for blogging. I did my usual weekly memes but even then not very consistently. The worst is that I drastically cut down on the blog hopping because I’ve just been so tired. And I know it’s okay because we’re allowed our off moments/days/weeks, but my blog has suffered because of it and just thinking about it sets off a ‘tired cycle’ in my head and I don’t want to—LOL. Still, I’m sorry for the lack of engagement but I really hope to do better next month!
Book covers are linked to Goodreads and the title text is linked to my reviews, if available!
Jade City (The Green Bone Saga #1)
(ARC) Silence Is a Sense
The Devil Wears Black
(ARC) Lost in the Never Woods
(ARC) Happy Singles Day
The Villain (Boston Belles #1)
I already said I did a pretty crap job of blog hopping this month but there were a few posts that I saw and really enjoyed reading (I’m also including one of my favourite newly discovered booktubers who covers all the tea in the book community and omgoodness, there is so much all the time.
- Bertie wrote a discussion post about ableism in the bookish community.
- Marie wrote a (very relatable) post reflecting after a year on bookstagram.
- Kathryn shared a list of great books by Asian and Pacific Islander authors.
- Becky made a(n awesome) list of SFF books by BIPOC authors out this year and that you should have on your TBR!
- Kal listed 25 books by Asian authors to read now and always! ❤️
- Stephen reviewed Rebecca to which he added a great personal touch with a lovely poem he wrote!
- Drew talked about reviewing and self-doubt (and omg the realness is so relatable)!
- One of my favourite booktube discoveries is Jess’s channel. Jess makes awesome Book CommuniTEA posts that let me know about the crazy happenings in the book community (and we know how much of a hot mess it can be)! Let’s just say Jess does an amazing job with her videos and I really wouldn’t know half of what’s going on if it weren’t for her channel!
And that’s a wrap on March (sorry for rambling on in my post lol)! I hope your month was good if not great, and if it could’ve been better, I hope April starts to pick up for you! If you ever need an ear, a chat or I don’t know, if you want to do a buddy or group read, just reach out and let’s do something! ❤️