This week is actually a freebie and so I decided to do a topic that I don’t think I’ve done before: Top Ten Books I Was SO EXCITED to Get, but Still Haven’t Read (bonus points if you tell us how long it’s been since you got them!)
Listen, we all know that there’s just not enough time to read all the books we want when we want to read them, right? I mean, days, weeks, months *cough* years will pass, moods they change, TBRs most certainly grow… And that’s just life, right? 😅 I know you all get what I’m saying and for one reason or another, that’s what happened with these books that I was ridiculously excited about and *needed* to get on my shelves ASAP—mostly because of the hype—and yet they’re still sitting unread, gathering dust, feeling neglected… 🍃📚🍂
But maybe by showing these books some love today, I’ll feel the desire to pick them up… Soon? 😃 I’ve tried my best to order them from the longest to the shortest time spent on my shelf but we know my memory isn’t the best!
- The City of Brass: the hype, she got me good!
- Muse of Nightmares: i forgot so much of book 1 that i wanted to re-read it before picking this up, and then i never did 🤡
- Norse Mythology: i struggle with non-fiction…
- Black Leopard, Red Wolf: i was so excited when i saw this stunning cover but i’m scared this’ll go completely over my head!
- Finale: see reason from *muse of nightmares*
- The Vanishing Half: a bit of hype intimidation…
- Beach Read: i was excited this released on my bday. & then it did and then i just… didn’t read it?
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown: i have no excuse. i really want to read this but???
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue: ngl, I’m intimidated AF by all the hype. so much hype!
- Aurora’s End: kind of out of my control due to Goldsboro shipping issues!
What are some of the books you were excited about but that you still haven’t read yet? Or are you a unicorn and always read the books you buy immediately? 😂 What’s the longest a book has sat unread on your shelf?