🎉 HAPPY RELEASE DAY! 🎉
Special thanks to Valentine PR for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Goodreads: One-Timer (Carolina Comets #3)
Publication Date: 24 March 2022
Genre: Sports Romance, Romantic Comedy
That’s what my teammate’s sister-in-law told me after our one-night stand.
I didn’t expect to see Hollis again, let alone end up raising a child with her.
We set some ground rules–we’ll raise the baby together, but that’s it.
No relationship, no future, and definitely no kissing.
But the more time we spend together, the harder it is to keep track of where the lines were once drawn.
I’m known for my one-timer on and off the ice, but this game with Hollis just got a lot more complicated…
Download today or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!
TEAGAN HUNTER is a Missouri-raised gal but currently lives in South Carolina with her Marine veteran husband, where she spends her days begging him for a cat. She survives off coffee, pizza, and sarcasm. When she’s not writing, you can find her binge-watching various TV shows, especially Supernatural and One Tree Hill. She enjoys cold weather, buys more paperbacks than she’ll ever read, and never says no to brownies.
Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Facebook | FB Group
Instagram | Twitter | TikTok | Bookbub
TL;DR: One-Timer is the third book in Hunter’s hockey romance series and it’s every bit as funny, cute, and sweet as the first two books. Accidental pregnancy isn’t one of my go-to tropes but I enjoyed watching this story unfold as Hollis and Lowell grow closer and bond over their baby. Their chemistry was great and his protectiveness over her and the baby was totally swoony. I already can’t wait for the next book in the series! 😍
What made me happy:
- There were lots of sweet fuzzy moments between Hollis and Lowell. Yes, there were plenty of rocky angsty moments too but I loved the quieter moments when they get to know each other and do things like read up about pregnancy and when Lowell literally beamed anytime someone mentioned him becoming a dad and it was super sweet!
- Hollis and Lowell also had great chemistry! It might’ve started off as a one-time thing but their connection was undeniable. I’m a sucker for when the H/h just click and get to this level of comfort and safety that they don’t even have to try to reach. It’s a heartwarming feeling (and ngl, hits me in my single feels LOL)!
- The overall banter was great and I’m not just talking about between the H/h, which was fantastic, but between everyone else too. I especially loved the hockey crew! These teammates are great and I’m so glad we get more interaction between them with each subsequent book. I live for the moment Miller gets his own romance and I’m SO excited for Smith and Emilia next! 😍
- Speaking of great characters, I also loved the cameos we get in this—especially when Zach and Delia pop up at one point and mention Slice… and their 8 Kids 😂 But it was also great to see more Collins and Rhodes and I loved how they’d stick up for Hollis (especially Collins)!
What I was on the fence about:
- As much as I enjoyed the romance I wish we got to see more of it on-page. I just wanted more of them cos they were great together but I felt like a lot of their development happens off-page or through not very detailed (but still adorable) text messages.
- This had some weird time jumps and it was kind of confusing. I didn’t know how much time passed with each chapter—sometimes it’d seem like just one day and other times it felt like maybe weeks had passed but it didn’t help with feeling connected to the story!
- Slight “instalove” vibes at the start when Lowell goes from being irritated by Hollis to not being able to stop thinking about her in the span of one conversation.
- It took a while for Lowell to get his s*** together (@75% even)! 😂 It was honestly a bit trying at times cos it kind of stalled their romance. I also didn’t like the way his major a**hole side appears towards the end cos the level of his repulsion seemed to come out of nowhere and was never really properly explained—the change was abrupt and felt weird! Not saying I didn’t like the guy cos I did but it was also like mate, wot you doin pls?!
All that being said, I really enjoyed Lowell and Hollis’ story! They made a great little family and I loved how they brought the previous couples together and new ones to the mix. I’m already super excited for the next book, Sin Bin, cos I have a feeling I’ll love that couple as much as I love Ryan/Rhodes!
Are you planning to read One-Timer or are the Carolina Comets books on your TBR?